Comment on page
On May 25, 2018 the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) became effective and enforceable. This set of regulations grants rights to citizens within the European Union and is meant to strengthen and unify data protection. Mavenseed is fully committed to helping you achieve compliance, and as a platform we will apply these high privacy standards to everyone, even non-EU citizens. Here is what it means to you.
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) gives EU citizens full rights over their data and how it's used. Failure to comply can result in steep fines. Under the GDPR, your rights include:
- Right to be informed - Companies must be transparent in how they are using personal data and must inform users of this.
- Right of access - Users will have the right to know what personal data is held about them and how it is processed.
- Right of rectification - Where reasonably possible, users will be entitled to have personal data rectified/edited if they feel that it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure - This is also sometimes referred to as 'the right to be forgotten', Here, users have the right to have their personal data permanently deleted upon their request and they do not have to provide a reason for the request.
- Right to restrict processing - Users have the right to block processing of their personal data.
- Right to data portability - Where reasonably possible, users have the right to retain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose.
- Right to object - In certain circumstances, users are entitled to object to their personal data being used. This includes, if personal data is used for the purpose of direct marketing, scientific and historical research, or for the performance of a task in the public interest.
- Rights to object automation - Users have the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on profiling or automated processing.
Application policies are a fundamental component to GDPR. Both ourselves as a platform, and our customers platforms support (3) different types of application policies. Each policy is consented to by our users and customers, and this information is recorded in a way that it can be retrieved should there ever be a need to.
Maveenseed users, and customers of Mavenseed sites, have access to an all new privacy center with tools to export data, and delete your account.